A freeholder is ultimately responsible for keeping their building and/or estate up to the required legal standards. The costs for works are recharged to lessees under the Terms of their lease which will usually allow collection of a service charge in advance.
Satisfied lessees will ensure that disputes are kept to a minimum, and an efficient and competent agent will ensure that lessees are satisfied with the services provided.
It is in the interest of both freeholders and their leaseholders to appoint a manager who:
- is qualified and experienced to manage blocks of leasehold flats, shops and offices
- as a result, is regulated through a recognised governing body which keeps the agent up to date with legal changes, best practice, and has Client Money Protection
At Butlin Property Services, with a team of 16 staff, with our inhouse mobile caretaking team, and with managers qualified through the Institute of Residential Property Managers we are small enough to give all developments and/or estates under our management the attention they deserve, but with the expertise to develop a property management strategy to ensure:
- your ground rent is collected and paid to you promptly
- the block/estate is maintained to the highest possible standard and within statutory guidelines
- we work within approved budgets
- there is good communication with residents
- we respond quickly to enquiries
Contact us now for an informal, no obligation discussion on how we can assist you.
N.B. References are available on request.